The Art of Doing Something


I always want my day to be productive. Whenever the clock hits 4:00 p.m. and I have not done anything worthwhile (by my father's standards), I would feel like I have wasted 5 years of my life. The guilt trip starts. I would avoid passing by the living room mirror lest I'd see someone who has wantonly spent time on things that do not contribute to any form of progress. It's almost an impossible thing to do nothing.


So, I pick up the laptop I brought from work and slowly type the password, my mind frantically going over the undone, planned to-dos for yesterday. And ,then, I notice the keyboard's dusty. I  get up to look for the duster, and realize that I need a box for my cleaning materials. I see that I should be doing 5s on my cupboard stuff. I get 6 boxes- one for the the microfiber dusters, another for the cleaning solutions, and one for the...when was the last time I cleaned the cupboard? I take everything out, start dusting and de-cluttering.

Thirst. April's far away but this weather's already screaming, "beach!" After a glass of ice cold water, I turn around and see a trail of unfinished work. My laptop's slept again. My work to-do's still just a list. Looks like I'll be cleaning the whole night before I can get to start with the campaign and marketing proposal. So, I finish the sorting and the dusting and then bring the laptop back to my bedroom to start work. It's cozier there.

When I got up this morning, Robin, the monster dog, knowing I wouldnt be going to work, had been prancing at my bedside and scratching my arms for his weekend walk.

I had forgotten to make the bed.

Looks like the proposal will have to wait a bit longer. This takes priority if progress is to be had.

No comments:

Post a Comment