Rave of Pasig (Pasig Rainforest Park)

I finally checked out Pasig City's rainforest park (Rave of Pasig) to learn some more about taking pictures, and of course, to enjoy the scenery, too. I have always been curious about this park, and since I didn' t have anything planned that Saturday, I figured, I should go.

Pasig City's rainforest park wasn't a difficult place to get to. I only had to take a jeepney from Ever Cainta, get off at Jenny's (Robinson's Supermarket), then take a tricycle to the bridge that I had to cross to get to the park. I heard that if you are coming from Mega Mall, you can take the FX with Angono/Binangonan/Floodway sign board.

I got there at 2pm, a bit late for taking as many pictures as I want and go around for fun. At the entrance, I asked about the different zones to visit, since you need to decide which you would like to enter or do among the following before going in (fees below are for Pasig residents, who are asked to show ID or cedula; I think you have to add 5pesos if you are not):


Flower field (Php 10)
Train ride (Php 10)
Mini zoo (Php 10)
Maze (Php 10)
Butterfly garden (Php 10)
Water park (pool; Php 40)
Boating (No idea)

Adventure park where the zip line is (no idea)


I decided to go to the first 5 listed above, since my main goal was to take pictures. Why the train? Hell, who would want to miss that?! Besides, I would like to see the entire park, so it is best to get on it. Don't worry, I gave my seat to the families and kids, since I wanted to be on deck outside and take photos comfortably.

Park opens from 5am to 5pm, but the zones have different operating hours:


8am-11am, 2pm-4pm (Mini Zoo/Butterfly Garden)
9am-11am, 2pm-4pm (Train)
7am-6pm (Swimming Pool)
5am-5pm (the rest of the park)


This place is good for families, lovers and groups of friends who want to do something on weekends. The canopy of trees blocks the heat from the sun, so kids can run around even at noon. It is ideal for everyone who wants to experience nature but can't go far from the city. 

The park staff (students who work there part time) are very accommodating!




Interested in traditional Kalinga tattoo? Find out how here.

Check out other places I have been to here.


Gallery
















6 comments:

  1. Great post! This is an awesome place for photoshoots. Here are my sample shots: http://magayonmedia.com/jek-tin-rave-pasig-prenup-pictorial/. Keep it up Pasig City! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Zander! Indeed, this place is good for photo shoots. Nice pics, by the way. :)

      Delete
  2. Do you need to secure a permit before conducting prenup photoshoots there? Or you can just go there and pay entrance fees? Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep. There is a different fee for photo shoots (with model). If I am not mistaken, that's 50 pesos per person.

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete