The Talk

Batanes

Today, let's sit down.
I have brewed some coffee and bought some bread. I hope you like them. Even if you don't, it's fine. The sun is out, but the air is cool enough to give the fan a rest. It's quieter that way. Let us treat ourselves to silence. That is hard to come by here in the city. Don't worry about the sound your spoon makes as it clinks against your cup, stirring your coffee. If anything, it sets the mood.

Feel comfortable. You can look at me. Or look down. Anything you want to do. Or if you want me to turn on the fan, it's fine. The whir from the turning blades can't possibly ruin the day. It just makes it a tad bit noisier. 

It's been years.
We were going to own the world and smite the self-righteous, starting with the abusive landlady. But we were born with too much kindness, I think. We settled with turning her name to a verb- iv. to hurl all over the toilet seat after getting drunk. That was funny. Her being a word. I wish that had not been what happened to our dreams, though. That makes me sad. IS making me sad. Owning the world are just words we heard from a movie. The line sounded good and loaded. We never really understood it. Even so, it feels we're so very far from owning it. That's probably the only funny thing that's sad at the same time. 

Maybe it's not too late. It's ridiculous saying that when I told you I didn't believe in time that way. Change is more specific. But see, this coffee smells good. It has to. It is making me feel a little better, too. That's why I should never run out of it. I don't think we have to smell good. No, I like baths, but I meant that like the coffee smelling good. I think at any time of the day, we can either watch TV or look for homeless old people on the street to give food to.

Perhaps, after we are done with our cups, I will finally start learning how to grow rice. And you, you can start working on your smile. Or didn't you tell me you wanted to learn how to swim?
I am almost done. Let's do this again some time tomorrow, or next week or next year...maybe, many years later. 

I have to go. 
Good luck. 
Don't forget. 
Turn off the fan.




No comments:

Post a Comment