Milk Tea

Panic. That's probably what I'd be in if I dropped my milk tea in front of a throng of people lining up
for their bus ride. I wouldn't mind not being able to get my money's and time's worth getting it. I would worry about the pairs of eyes on me and what they could be thinking. I'd definitely hate to be this guy just now who dropped his iced milk tea, cursing, and dreading having to go back for another one.
Because I could not find a pic...


The spilled tea flows slowly, staining the pretty tiles, taking its time, as if to tell me, I had better be ready for when my turn comes. Bleh, after this, I will not be buying drinks to go. Ever. Or if I really have to, I will make sure to remember to ask to double the bag and make it drop-proof.

Many took notice of the guy and the tea, commenting, sayang, or how the floor now looks dirty. That's the thing about malls here, their floor's so clean and shiny it's almost a crime to step on them. The smarter ones behind me describe what happened like what just transpired needs to be explained lest people around do not understand.  Because, really, dropping your drink is rocket science.

If I were the guy, I would not have had the time to say expletives. I'd bolt out of here faster than politicians change parties. Being the center of attention (whether for something nice or not) is something to prepare for. Like end-of-the-world prepare for. In fact, I think that even in emergency situations, where ambulances are involved, I would still be thinking if I am running about like a mad man to everyone around and make sure I would appear like I am handling the situation rationally. I doubt I would scream for help, but rather approach others with a calm and controlled, "Excuse me. I have a bit of a situation here and I would very much appreciate your help." Maybe even if it's life or death.

Yes, I mind what others think. A lot. I know that now. All those years of pretending to not care what people think is more a mantra to become someone who is quintessentially apathetic. Become is the operative word. And it's almost upsetting that there are people who go on about their lives not really actually caring what others think. If you want to know what I am talking about, look around. Cars parked at busy corners, making traffic worse? Does a no-parking sign really need to be put up? I digress. The point is, I mind what others think to a fault. Whether it be simple decisions or big aspirations, I draw some of the energy from what I think is others' opinion on the matter, which sucks big time.

It must be great to just go ahead and do things. That way, I will accomplish a lot, and if I fail, it will be easy to start again. I imagine cells and how they do their replication. And I will be my own mitochondria powering my dreams and ambitions and not waiting for affirmation.

Meanwhile, the guy has left. His spilled tea making an ugly mess on the floor, an accident waiting to happen. What a twerp.

No comments:

Post a Comment